Monday, April 20, 2009

The Renaissance Soul

I have just finished reading The Renaissance Soul by Margaret Lobenstine. What a fabulous book.

For over a decade I had a career that in the beginning seemed exceptional. I enjoyed it immensely in the first few years and threw myself into the job 150%. After the first five years I felt comfortable in my new but slightly worn shoes. I was no longer the rookie on the job but not quite the seasoned veteran.

Soon after children entered my life. I became a mom and now threw myself into motherhood. Juggling motherhood and a full time career was challenging.

The career began to show fractures and things that seemed ok on the surface were really not right underneath. It took me a few more years to come up with the hard decision to leave my original career and chase after what I really want.

Enter, The Renaissance Soul. This book I came across while doing some searching for career changes. Did I stumble onto it or was I meant to find it?

I have since finished reading the book, quit my job and become a stay at home mom. Right now my sons need me.

I am interviewing for a much more suitable job and much more rewarding. Times are exciting now. I have a plan!

A new career will allow me to pursue my other goals and dreams in life. After all there is more to life than chasing the almighty dollar!!

No comments: