Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Satisfaction

I accomplished a goal today! It is greatly satisfying to cross something else off of my list.

A few months ago I began writing a book about my younger son who was recently diagnosed with multiple disorders. At times it was emotionally draining to write about him and all of the challenges that we face in our family life.

I shelfed the book and began immediately writing a children's chapter book about my two sons going on an adventure. My older son helped with ideas and the story was quickly born. It has helped me to see the humour in both of my children and been a great distraction for me.

Today I finished the book!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!! I will be printing it out soon and going over it since it is a rough draft.

It is deeply satisfying to finish a project that you've been working on for a while.

I hope someday I will be an inspiration to both of my children to help them see and fulfill all of their dreams!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've read some of your blog and you write very honestly.
I decided to comment on this post because I have a very useful suggestion for you.
Try out the website www.critiquecircle.com
It is a great site where you can critique other peoples work (from kids and adults, writing fiction, non-fiction...anything) and then post your own work for others to look at. I find it very helpful to hear what others enjoy about my work, but more importantly its great to hear what problems they have with it. I always get some great advice and ideas on how to make a piece great.
Good luck with your book...and if you are up for it, I'd love to help with any editing. You could always return the favour for me; I've got a few things going right now, including some contest submissions and some freelance work.
Take care